Saturday, September 6, 2008

Half way there

Well, we are half way done now. That feels good. Down hill is always easier. I met a woman who was sitting with a relative of hers and she is a Christian. No deep discussion but we talked about our kids downloading music and listening to the words and all that older kid stuff. Our daughters have a lot in common- messy rooms and such. Kinda fun. The disappointing news I did get was that my next chemo could be postponed one more time-it's because of the study I am in and they have to follow that protocol instead of their usual protocol. As I understand it, if my counts are down right before the next treatment they will give me the shot that will help bring them up and then I'll have to wait another week. Now that might change, but that is how I understood it (emphasis on my trying to understand medical stuff) So meal providers be ready for yet another change. Sorry about that. I suppose that is also a specific prayer request as well. I have my Boost and Holly lent me a cookbook so I think I'll make some more of the 'low counts' recipes. The broccoli and cheese soup was good. Thankfully I can handle that smell after about a week of my chemo's.
School is going great for the kids so far. Jayson just loves Kindergarten and Abbi and Austin are enjoying Middle School. He has his first test on Monday. He and Tim are going to see Al Kaline (baseball great) at one of the dealerships in town. Should be a little fun for them I think.
Over and out for now, and for the net couple days. Not sure if I'll see you tomorrow at church or not, but my parents are going to bring the kids.
Love to you all. Thanks for your support and love.
Vicki and family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger