Saturday, August 30, 2008

Can you say remission?

Thursday brought some slightly disappointing news that my chemo had to be postponed for a week. My white cell and neutorphil count was too low. You know I just wanted to stay on schedule, but God has other plans. The bummer is that my sister flew in from NC to help me this time. We decided that means that we were supposed to have fun this weekend instead. We head to Port Huron today to play in the water and on the jet ski (I'll be the girl with no hair) with both sisters at my parents house. And now I can enjoy the peach festival, craft show and feeling well. But the biggest benefit is that I will be well for the first day of school, which was honestly stressing me out. How do I take my child to Kindergarten on the worst day of 'chemo week'? So now, no worries about that.
We also got some very awesome news, that my CA125 is down to 26, which means I am clinically in remission! I am reluctant to celebrate, but I've been reluctant to feel too much anything these last few months. But this is awesome, of course and celebration is in order. God is listening. He is making the chemo do what it should and He is healing me with it. Thank you, Lord. Thank you friends and family for praying constantly. Chemo continues for the total 6 rounds, no stopping that but that is ok with me. It's hard to argue with it when it works.
I humbly thank you, and for everyone who is changing their meal schedule. I'll have some vacancies so I will try and get the calender updated in today or tomorrow.
See you at church!
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger