Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just a Note


It's been a pretty good week so far. I've noticed that I am way more tired than usual. This last chemo brought less nausea but much more fatigue. But, my counts aren't horrible, although I was told to be careful about being around others, hence no church. I did cheat a bit yesterday though to go to a 5 year old birthday party- who can resist that?? So fun was had gosh darn it!
I had a friend who is a breast cancer survivor give me a bunch of her hats and they are pretty darn cute. More for the cold weather.
But it's always exciting to get new hats.
I got caught up on Abbi's scrapbook- no small feat I might add. So this week I'll be choosing pictures for both of the boys and start cutting them so I'll be ready to scrap once I recover from the next chemo. Now, my white cell count was ok but the other one they watch called neutraphil count was getting low, so I'm going to try eating some foods that may help. I'll know on Thursday if I can have my chemo on Friday or if it will have to be postponed. We'll see. I'll know on Thursday when I see the NP, find out my new CA125 number, and I think find out about the genetic testing. Kind of a big Thursday.
My CT on Friday went well. I didn't have the usual, extremely unpleasant side effect I usually have- I'll keep the gory details to myself, but some of you know what it is. So I guess I won't be quite as apprehensive next time. Results from that also on Thursday. Man, what a day.
Kids are still good and enjoying school and Tim and I seem to be keeping up with what's due when. They are really keeping on top of things quite well.
Ok then, this tired girl is going to bed. Good night to you all, and thank you again for all your prayers and support. I didn't get to hear this yesterday, but Darcy said that I was fighting cancer and winning. It feels good to hear it, a bit hard to believe at times because you just can never know. So I'm glad you're all around to remind me- healing is just a few treatments away.
Love to you all.
Vick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger