Sunday, September 14, 2008

Love


We learned so much in church today- just love one another as God loves us. Seems so simple but our very lives make it so difficult. We regret not making time to see people we really want to see. We forget to take care of our bodies. We rush from one event to another hoping the traffic lights will be on our side, and when they are we actually thank God for that. (Been there done that) Life has a way of making us slow down, though. Today I learned that spending time in His word will help me to hear God speak to me. That is what I 'crave'. I have heard him before- twice. The first was in choosing to go back to school to get my teaching degree, the second was to marry Tim. Both very important decisions that I was glad I didn't have to make by myself. I am somewhat bummed that Beth Moore can't be the one to help me hear Him though. At least she makes us look for our answers and apply them to our own lives!! I did just start using my Discovery Bible since I knew I'd be missing out on my beloved ladies bible study. (I miss you guys) And although the questions aren't too strenuous they do make you think- and think about the part of the bible you just read. I really like it. I want Jesus flowing thru my veins. What an image. Thru my veins, to my cancer and I'd like him to just hang out there a while until he heals me. I want him to be in my head to calm my anxiety over the possibility that my ovarian cancer is genetic. If it is there are a whole bunch of serious decisions to be made. (No, I don't actually want to talk about it until I know there is something to talk about) So I guess that is what I'll study tonight, 'Be anxious for nothing but in bring everything to prayer and supplication' so that Jesus will be right there, in my head.
Mike could have filled a whole day talking about examples of love, though, so I add my own. In my moment of solitude I have a church who is feeding us, praying for us and loving on us in whatever way they can. The cards, the emails, the posts on this site, the Acia berry smoothies from Caribou (hint)... Each one a reminder that there are people helping me even though I have to spend these moments resting and fighting alone. Not lonely, just alone. And that these people represent what Jesus is: LOVE
You all bring tears to my eyes,
I love you,
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger