Thursday, June 7, 2012

What Cancer Cannot Do

That is what my newest t-shirt is about.

Cancer is so limited......
It cannot cripple love,
It cannot destroy confidence, 
It cannot shut out memories,
It cannot shatter hope,
It cannot kill friendship,
It cannot eat away peace,
It cannot silence courage,
It cannot corrode faith,
It cannot reduce eternal life,
It cannot quench the Spirit.

Isn't that just an awesome way to say so much about cancer?  Whether you've had it or loved someone who has, these little sayings are they things we grasp on to.  Because these are the things we can control a bit.

But my heart is not there this time, even tho I KNOW that this is for but a minute, that the cancer is microscopic, that this is not the time it is going to 'get' me, my heart is just lying and lying and lying to me.

God has been so full of blessings for us.  He has kept me so busy with scanning that it is remarkable.  Almost too busy if there is such a thing.  And that is because I still have trouble taking time to rest.  Shocking I know.  But I also know that I HAVE to.  I have to yet I don't.  Familiar theme.

Singing "Mighty to Save" on Sunday was really hard.  All things I know about God, yet all things my heart is just not feeling.  My mountain isn't going away.  It's getting bigger.  My anxiety isn't going away, it's getting worse.

And then there is 'Jesus Calling' today that says:
I am all around you, like a cocoon of Light.  My Presence with you is a promise, independent of your awareness of Me.  Many things can block this awareness, but the major culprit is worry.  My children tend to accept worry as an inescapable fact of life.  However, worry is a form of unbelief, it is anathema to Me.
Who is in charge of you life?  If it is you, then you have good reason to worry.  But if it is I, then worry is both unnecessary and  counterproductive.  When you start to feel anxious about something, relinquish the situation to Me.  Back off a bit, redirecting your focus to Me.  I will either take care of the problem Myself of show you how to handle it.  In the world you will have problems, but you need not lose sight of Me. 
There has yet to be a day when this devotional hasn't called me out or slapped me up!  I love it.  I just don't know how to get to the place I need to be this time.  I'm wandering.  Not flailing in my faith or belief I don't think.  Just so tired of fighting, of hurting, of not exercising and or not being able to do the things I wish to do, like garden, or walk, or play physically with the kids (I'm a rough houser by nature. Oldest of 3 daughters I've had to assert my dominance since forever because my sisters are tough nuts.)

Chemo number 2 is today.  But my CA125 is 59, down from 107 so that is very good news.  Maybe this one will knock it out of the body- for good.  Ovarian Cancer is just so scary.  All cancers are, but this cancer is aggressive and often doesn't let it's victims free from its grip.  I want freedom- body, mind, spirit.  I need and covet your prayers for me and my family.  Thank you.

So that is how I feel.  Glad you asked, right?  It will get better, this I know.  Yes, I do know.  I'll let God wash over me today as I sit, all day, with healing poison rushing thru my body killing the cancer cells that are there.  Lord, let it flow to every place that a cancer cell lives and may it kill them forever.

Onward we fight, LB,

Vicki

6 comments:

  1. You are so loved. Praying psalm 61:2 that He leads you unto Himself--the unmovable Rock. That your heart finds strength in Him. Psalm 84, as you go through the valley of Baka, he will make a spring for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, my fellow, sweet, strong Tia! I love these verses:
    1 John 3:19-20
    New International Version (NIV)

    19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

    It reminds me that when my heart and head don't see quite eye to eye. My God is greater than my heart. My head knows and believes God and his truth, but sometimes my heart wavers (aka. worry or doubt). I need these reminders. Love you and are praying for you tis morning!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vicki,
    Praying for you continually. I know the "wandering" feeling and I also know our God is in our wandering, always present, always with us. I am sure it feels like you won't get past this some days, even in the pit, be assured God is with you. And as I write this I feel so for you, wondering how you stay so strong day by day. Will be praying for all the Willey's today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are on our knees for you - my girls mention you in every prayer they say and ask Him to "make her all better". You are so loved and prayed over and loved ... You are one of the strongest women I have ever been Blessed to call friend and I am SO proud to lift you high and storm the gates on your behalf. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....it's like the construction on 25 Mile and VanDyke. We go one way, and the workers have moved to a new location. The next day, we go the other way and they've changed locations AGAIN! It's like the Road Commission workers....sometimes they hold their signs at "SLOW" and then just when you think you have an open path, the dude jumps in front of your car and flips their sign to "STOP." This is how I see the dilemma of the "head and heart." Darn construction - it's so unpredictable and trips you up just when your journey seems to be going smoothly. The outcome.....the "road" will be much better when it's done than what it was before. The "commute" will run smoothly and the traffic that used to hold you up will disappear.

    You (as well as the rest of us) are "under repair." We just have to "keep our eyes on the road" and make sure our "head and our heart" follow in the same direction and stay between the "dotted lines."

    I love you so much......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no words of wisdom compared to the Father, so here's the verse that's on my heart for you this morning.

    2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

    I have no idea why cancer is the path you must walk but I do know He loves you. I see it written on your heart and it's oozes from your pores. It's here in these raw but beautirul posts you've lovingly shared. It's in you're eyes and in your smile. It's written on your children's faces. His love shines from the depths of you. I see His grace in your life. You've left it's traces on the people you've touched, you've loved and on those you've come along side as they face their frightening cancer journey.
    You are beautiful sweet Vicki. God bless.


    With love
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger