Friday, January 2, 2009

Thriving

I love the Holiday season, from Thanksgiving to the New Year. It is full of family, shopping, school concerts, and complete chaos at times. So many of us thrive on this type of activity. I do in bursts, but not as a constant way of life. We've been staying at my parents with my 2 sisters and all the grandkids, and it has been fun. My grandma is there, too. And to call it complete chaos actually fits. My poor brother in law has something going on with his eye, my sister has to work today, grandma can't hear well, Jayson has a birthday party, tomorrow is the first basketball games for the boys... Is this vacation? The volume at my parents is many decibels more than I can handle. So last night I came home so I could sleep without keeping people awake with my snoring. How embarrassing. Tim took Jay to the BD party and I have some silence, some time to clean up the house (even tho the kids and I have not been here-hmmm) and some time to reflect.
I think that just because we thrive on chaos or busyness does not mean it is always good for us. We forget to take some time each day to re-energize- to just clear your head of all the stuff moving around it. I needed to come home to do that, even tho I was having a blast. All the stories we tell. Like, can you even believe that I used to be very bossy? I wouldn't let my sisters even look in my room, and I could tell when they did come in because of their foot prints. Now, the did steal my clothes sometimes and tried not to get caught.... but I was so mean. They say once I went to college I became nice to them. Ah, I'm so sorry my sisters. They can't believe I am nice now. So funny. We've just been laughing and laughing, which is some good medicine for both me and my sisters. Nothing like picking on family.
So I am taking this little window of time to sit, in quiet, and write and reflect and to thank God for today and blood tests, and medicines, and prayer, and for Jesus who makes it all possible. Whom without we couldn't talk to God and pray for our friends, family and self. I feel so blessed to be able to be with my whole family in one house, for the complete chaos, and for my being able to enjoy it- at least most of it!! I feel blessed that we could have Willey Christmas here and that sister Sue could stay with us a few days. It's just so nice to get caught up with everyone, to see the new baby, Johnny, and the 4 month old Ryan and just snuggle them. Yummy babies.
And Monday brings the return of life before cancer. Jerzie is coming back! Now that is exciting. And with Jerzie comes a new baby in April. Hurray. I'm so glad they decided to have another baby for me!! haha
So take some time to slow down today and count your blessings. I count you all, and thank God for you each day.
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger