Saturday, January 24, 2009

Polly

It's a somewhat quiet morning with some boys playing Wii, laundry being washed, and no other noise. No TV, can't hear the radio over the washer....
So I want to tell you a picture story a dear friend gave me. You've seen it on my face book but here's what it is about.
She came up with it when I was having a 'pit' moment or two. She said Vicki, think of yourself as a Polly Pocket, place her in your hand and hold it up, or close it. That is just like what God is doing for you. You are safe in his hands, you are His.
Isn't that a great visual for us all? I envision Target being bought our of their Polly Pockets all of a sudden!!
I've needed to be reminded a few times that we are just so small compared to God's mighty power, his strong hands full of compassion and love for us- for me. Sometimes my Polly is curled up into the fetal position, trying to make it thru the day. But often she is standing straight up, holding up her hands and praising God for the day ahead. I know I don't need a sickness to act either of those ways. We curl up so easily sometimes, over such silly and truly unimportant things. We loose our perspective of the importance of relying on God for our everything. I am not sure we are even willing to do that. Maybe we aren't even able. I don't know. I'm not anyway. I have, however, decided to try a day of completely following Phil 4:6 and to pray every time I have some anxiety or bad thoughts or want to holler at the kids instead of taking the time to explain the problem.... What a challenge that will be. I already failed this morning, but it's early and I have the whole day ahead of me, to feel God at every corner, every turn this day might bring.
Be anxious for nothing but in everything pray.....
Ok, I'm gonna try.
Three prayer requests from me:
  1. I have a surgical hernia- doesn't hurt, no blockage.... but potential is there for my colon to get stuck in there (not good) and to have to have it taken care of surgically. I don't like that word any more! Doc hasn't seen it yet as I just noticed it 2 days ago.
  2. My sister Sarah's divorce court date is Tuesday. It is very overwhelmingly stressful for her. Not to mention that the ex is a bit unstable and we are worried.... Pray for her and the children's safety and for his heart to soften and understand that what is important is what is right and best for the children.
  3. No more CA 125 climbing fests in this body.
Much love to you all,
Polly Pocket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger