Monday, November 24, 2008

Just Something

Good morning everyone,
At this very moment I am feeling good, hopeful, and so glad that chemo is over. I do have a CT scan on the 4th and a doctor visit on the 9th which will include my CA 125 test, so I will feel more at ease when those are done and the results are GOOD.
I don't know how I would have gotten thru this part of the journey without my parents. Many of you know that they came a stayed with me to help with the kids and cleaning, laundry, food, shopping, and believe you me I tried to stay 'down' longer than I needed but they are smart and caught on. Oh I'm kidding!! There is nothing I can do or say to thank them enough except to say I am so blessed to have parents who are able to drop their lives for their children. Thank you so much mom and dad.
And then there are all the people in Port Huron, where both Tim and I grew up who have been praying for me, my family and my parents. I can't even imagine how many prayer lists I was on but I need you all to know that I always knew there were prayers being listened to by God. I made it thru something I didn't think I had the strength to go thru and God brought me thru. For those of you who were a part of that, again, words fail me but thank you. I know one of my parents best friends went to their church every day to pray for me....That puts a lump in my throat. I received a card from my favorite middle school math teacher- that's 30 years ago!! It's so humbling.....
And of course my friends and church family who are near and far. If you are far, please don't be discouraged that you couldn't be here. I know you were praying, I know my family was on your mind, and I know cancer strikes everybody in many different ways. But know you can always call. Many can attest that I will tell you if I feel like crap and can't talk- but mostly you can hear it in my voice. But it should be all upswing from here.
Many have asked what the next steps are. I'll tell you what I know: The study goes on for several more months. I am being re-randomized into 2 groups, one that gets the Avastin and one that doesn't. Obvious prayer there. But know that if at any time something happens and Dr. Hicks believes I need the medicine I will be taken off the study and put on the Avastin. A bit of relief there for me. Of course I will feel much better after the CT scan and CA125 are done and results in, but I am a bit more calm right now. And I suppose that if those results aren't good, then I don't know....Can't go there right now. I'm going to enjoy my few weeks before all that. Regular blood counts today and next Monday, just the white/neutriphil counts. But I'm pretty sure I'm not avoiding crowds unless it's really low.
Yes, I'm going to the womens banquet, yes Shelly is coming with me and I hope my sister. Mom, do you want to come?? Sharpe Thanksgiving is on Wednesday and Willey on Thursday so we'll be well fed. And tonight is Ham and cheesy potatoes. And now feeding us is done. THANK YOU FOR FEEDING US. That was a huge blessing especially since I know it was so hard to go gluten free.
One more thing- I was kidding about the black hair, although it is possible. I don't have black hair yet anyway. However, it is either totally gray, which I've earned, or toe head blond, which I'm not sure about.... But, if it does grow in black, I will spend one day in the world of Goth. I have black clothes, even a long black coat...... Now for the makeup...
Well, I'm quite the chatter box this morning. For a while we'll keep this site going but I am so hoping it won't be necessary for much longer!!
Thank you for praying, for following what God asked you to do for me and my family, and thanks for pushing out of your comfort zones to take care of us.
Love to you all,
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger