Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bye Bye

Hi friends and family,
Well, yesterday was the big day, at least it was supposed to be. I did get my hair cut off since I was loosing so very much each morning and that was stressful. My great wig is not so much... It came in and the girls at the wig store saw it and knew the curls and color were not right so I guess they ordered a different one, which came in earlier this past week, but it was also the wrong color. They tried to find one and have it overnighted for me for yesterday, but it was not for me. Dilemma: I find all this out yesterday, my hair is going fast but I have no curly wig... won't come in until this wed. or thurs. I could have waited a couple days with my hair, perhaps, but I still would have several days without my wig. So I decided to take control and get rid of the hair which does make the mornings a little less stressful. My mom and Shelly came with me for support. So we did find a wig to wear until the curly one does come in, one that makes me look like my youngest sister. Many years ago when I did actually straighten my hair I did look like I do in this wig. But alas, I couldn't wear it to church today. So hopefully next Sunday if I can make it to the worship jam session I will have some curly hair, although it will be much blonder, but I'm ok with that. I'm a total blond at heart (keep all smart comments to yourself).
All that to say that yesterday sucked, but today is a little better. It was a huge step to come to church but I also knew I had to- for me. And with it being all about prayer- WOW.
The kids think it is hysterical that I look like their aunt. Jayson had to stand up in the tub to check out my head without a hat or wig. Thought it was 'so cool'. Abbi and Austin seem ok with it, and Tim thinks it's kinda funny that he has more hair now, which it is!! Me, I'm not comfortable yet being bald, but I do like being able to wear a hat for a change.
Next step, the grocery store.
Thanks for loving me thru this.
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger