Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pieces

As I said on my latest FB status, I now understand what "Break my heart for what breaks yours, everything I have for your kingdoms cause" means.  While my heart has been broken so much, especially in recent years, this mission trip to Chile broke it into pieces.  And guess who gets to come with me while God and I pick them up and put me back together?  YOU!  So lucky.....

Some of the pieces I've identified are:

Nallely, one of the eight children at the home.
Constanza, Cony, Haviara, Carla, Jorshua, Juan, Alberto
Mission
Control
Piles
Poverty
Parenting
Love

I thought I did a good job of not having expectations about the mission trip, but now am not as sure.  Our trip was kind of backward from other mission trips that I have heard about.  Our first day there was spent unpacking, making room for us to sleep, changing the sleeping arrangements, shopping at various local places including the grocery store, the farrier (fruits and veggies) and the fish store.  We split into groups and all went to something.  I went to the grocery store to see what they had that was gluten free.  Pasta was about it.  Good thing I packed food for that big boy of mine.

We got to meet some of the kids that day as well.

But as the trip continued, Nallely grabbed hold of my heart.
And never let go.
And neither did I.
And neither will I.

Each child found a person or family that they favored.  It was quite extraordinary.  Many of them, however, easily loved each of us.  Nallely was like that.  She just loved who she was with and could easily change from person to person.
Carla stole the Sommer's heart, Scott in particular.
Consantza stole Danielle's.
Haviara stole many of the teens hearts, Austin and Rachel's to name a couple.
Jorshua stole Camerons and Will's heart.
Juan stole Jaclyn and Will's heart.
Alberto stole Pati's heart- altho they all stole Pati's heart.
Cony, she is not quite ready to give or receive hearts, but she tried, and we love her and we know she loved us.

So when we show up with new children you will know where they came from......

We all wanted to take them all home.

Broken American hearts blending with broken Chilean hearts for such a time as this.....

But this is only the beginning of that piece of my broken heart.  Nallely: To be continued....



Nallely and her 'family', mom and dad, Cindy and Israel, her real brother Jorshua, Haviara and Constanza

3 comments:

  1. I loved to see the change that came over your heart in Chile. I know it wasn't what you expected, but it seems it was what God expected! Our hearts will never be the same, which is such a great blessing from God. So thankful I got to spend this trip with you. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your broken shattered pieces. That brokenness just leaves room for God to do His work and be glorified in bigger ways. I see something different in your eyes too...deeper. Where I didn't think compassion could flow more deeply within you...somehow it does. It's beautiful, remarkable, extraordinary. As is your heart. I can't wait to hear the details of this trip, the work of your heart and the hearts of those who were with you. keep sharing and shining!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger