Saturday, May 30, 2009

OCD

I have finally found my inner OCD. It isn't often that I get to see it, but it hit a few days back. We're trying to get ready for a garage sale, so going thru each closet, each room, each hiding place is mandatory. We had to make room in the garage so we could bring up all the stuff from the storage room. It sure will be nice to move around in there again. So today, while stretching my back/hip and not sitting down (since that is the primary culprit) I cleaned the kids bathroom closet and the drawers in the vanity. Um, gross. Then the hall closet which is the medicine/personal care product closet. Now there is a whole empty shelf! Then the front hall closet. All I want to know is where it all comes from? We have so much we can have a HUGE garage sale. It's a bit disturbing, really. But it is what it is. Time to get rid of some of the games and toys. Time to get rid of a set of dishes and many other kitchen items (again with the empty shelves). We want to get a couple futons for the basement with the garage sale $$ so kids can hang and stay over night more comfortably. We have a great treadmill if anyone is looking....
One of my physical therapists is from Germany and she is awesome. I've learned the Germany is mostly a Catholic and Lutheran culture with a few 'free' churches as she called them. She just went home for a long weekend for a first communion. We were talking about the differences in the cultures, something that has always interested me. The free thinking they have about the human body and how we just don't. She was saying that they spent most of their schooling in their underwear because they are trying to feel muscles and such. It was difficult for her to learn to feel thru clothing. Interesting how we as a culture make everything sexual, and they walk around naked and it is not a sexual 'experience' at all. She's an awesome PT for sure and funny.
Yesterday on my way home from a funeral home I passed a Lutheran church and its sign said 'Worship God not religion". Yep, that is what it is about alright.
One other patient I've gotten to know a bit since our PT times coincide, mentioned that I looked a bit off on Tuesday. I tried to remember Tues. and remembered that Monday was the evening when I accidently took Austin's Amoxicillan, and I am allergic to it. So I was for sure tired, and had been up a lot that night with my hip pain. But as I continued on with my routine I remembered that Tuesday was the day after Memorial Day, and one year ago on that day is when I had the results of my CT scan and found out that I had some sort of cancer. So I told her about that. We had already talked about cancer. Her son was diagnosed with a rare cancer when he was 3!! He is 16 now. So we've had that bonding time. I thought it a bit profound that someone I hardly knew picked up on some signal I didn't even know I was carrying. Guess it was bothering me more than I knew. It isn't really, but it must be, some where deep down.
I know this was a bit, um, disjointed. Chalk it up to my own personal ADD.
A year ago. But now I am here, feeling great, and, ironically, waiting for the results of my CT scan from Wednesday. I am almost laughing.
So there it is again, Waiting for Tuesday. I think that is the title of the book I haven't decided to write.
Love,
Vicki, sitting in the palm of God's hand with my Polly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger