Monday, May 11, 2009

Gardens

What a gorgeous day today. Boy did I get to do some work today. Spray painted a swing (don't really like spray paint) picked up some branches from 2 of the 15 or so trees that need to come down, PT, and weeding. Finally get to weed the garden instead of myself. I am not so happy with the squirrels who really did not do a good job planting in an asthetically pleasing way! Why in the middle of the new perennials? Man. But I cannot wait to see the plants that I planted last year before my personal gardening began.... But the big garden by the barn- yikes. Need about 10 people to help with that one. Have about a million trees growing in it now....
I wonder what that means- trees in the middle of a flower garden. HMM. Have to mull that one over.
In the 10 years that I've been at MCC I have never had to leave the sanctuary during service because of being overly emotional. Yesterday really hit me hard. Listening to the song by Beth Sharrows grand daughter about her mothers love, respect and awe of Beth's love of God... I just lost it (thank you Jann) because I want my kids to want to sing that someday, too. Oh how I hope I am a good witness to them. Oh how I hope Jesus shines thru even the scary days. I don't think they even know that I write on here. I've never let them read it- just too much emotion I think for their little souls. Oh what a great song/poem, what a beautiful voice, what a legacy.
So maybe my garden is still being weeded and pruned! I should be used to that. We all should be really. It's an ongoing process no matter what is going on in life.
Maybe the trees are the BIG things in life that try to take over the sun that the garden needs.
Until next time.... Cut down the dead trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger