Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Long Time

Well, my goodness it has been a while since I wrote. I realized I forgot to post last week when I had my treatment (study drug). Well, it went fine. It was my birthday so the nurses blew bubbles for me. Sweet girls they are. My CA125 is 27, which is just fine. I guess my number must be around that area and I can handle that. Still like to see that 0, but I'll take 27.
I am feeling pretty good. We had quite a lot of sickness go thru our house- that one week fever thing for Jay, then croup for Jay, then bronchitis for me and Austin along with sinus infections and fevers. Plus I found out that my hip pain is bursitus, so it is good to have an answer. That pain was running about an 8 most of the time and made me slightly cranky. But I got a shot and some meds and it is feeling better. We're all still coughing a bit, but that is just the way things are right now.
We are planning our first vacation since cancer struck us. We are heading to NC next week to see my sister, then heading to a great wolf lodge that is just opening in NC, and then we are going to Washington DC with Shelly's family. I'm so excited. Just to get away- into some sun and rejuvenate a little.
And this weekend is our ladies retreat- again with the excited. We always have so much fun and learn so much about each other. The last several years the talks have been from people in our own church which is so cozy and welcoming. What a bunch of stories we have- great testimonies, great memories. I just wish I could stay up as late as the rest of them! Oh well, maybe this year. And then Sunday is the Pistons game with the boys thru Upwards basketball. It will be nice to see all the families again. The kids get to do workshops and other activities before the game. Fun, long day that will be.
My hair is growing in quite straight. I feel so odd having straight, short hair. I don't know what to do with it, but I have to use some gel so it isn't so fuzzy and rabbit like! It is so strange not looking like myself, especially when I say hi to someone who hasn't seen me in a while. And I forget that I don't look the same. Strange phenomena. I have a lot of friends that I made this year and have only known me bald, and that is so strange too. Cancer makes the strange normal, and normal obsolete. But, that's ok and just the way it is. I suppose normal is just a state of mind anyway. (keep those comments to yourself) I think normal is overrated and perhaps doesn't even exist. Now constant change does exist. HMM.
I am thanking God for feeling good, for my friends and family, and for everyone who has been praying for me. Thank you for continuing on this journey. I am thanking God for family vacation. I am thanking God my husband has a job. I am thanking God that I got a 'normal' sickness. I am thanking God for love.
Much love,
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger