Friday, March 20, 2009

Nothing

So what do we write about when there seems to be nothing special happening? We're all sick- sinus infections, bronchitis, bersitus in my hip... But it wasn't pnemonia, or bone cancer or anything horrible. Poor Jay had croup, Abbi cough and sore throat but ok. Thankfully Tim has not been hit yet. What a wicked week.
My daughter turned 14! Someone please tell me how that happened. I think I was just pregnant with her, really.
I am ready for the vacation we never got to have last summer. That darn cancer made us miss out on a lot. Necessary, I know. So in April we are heading to NC to see my sister, then off to Great Wolf Lodge in VA and then 2 days in DC. I am excited to do some normal things, with hair on my head, and a fairly normal ability to keep up with everyone else. Cancer only ruined things for a little while. Praise God for these months of remission, and in advance for many more to come.
Tuesday comes with my study treatment, CA125 and all that. I'm glad it isn't another CT scan week. I am feeling normal because I am sick with a normal sickness- bronchitis and sinus infection. I actually felt worse on Wednesday than I did on chemo! Now that is bad. Be glad for your normal illnesses!
Well, it's time to give the normal springtime nebulizer treatments to the boys. I love spring, but not for what it does for them. Still not quite there, but I haven't spent any time in bad places lately. And that, my friends, is amazing. Don't quite feel like a butterfly, or a crocus, but watching the deer chase the crows and the crows trying to get the dead fish from the pond has reminded me to keep on continuing. Yep, continue on with life, forget what was missed and enjoy the now. All we have is now here on this earth. Past can take up way too much of our time, and our future is already set and waiting for us. So for now, I am.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger