Monday, February 23, 2009

Hover Craft Alert


Hovering: the best way to meet someone. I loved it, Aron!
So, really how we get to know people is by continuing to hang out with them. With time, you learn a few things about them. And with even more time they will learn something about you.
Hovering: I picture the holy spirit hanging at just above head level, waiting for that moment to tell us what to say, to tell us when to expose ourselves- especially to those who do not have that relationship so many of us have with Jesus. Just above our heads, listening, waiting, prompting us to be transparent- not too much, not too little. Don't you hate it when we miss it- miss the right moment- miss that moment of hearing Him talk to us. Oh I do.
In case you haven't noticed, I've been ordered to be transparent. And you know what? It is so easy when you know you are supposed to do it. How many times have we heard that from others as well. People say all the time that the words just came out of their mouths, they had no idea what to say, or they can't even remember what they said. Well, add me to that list. I almost always remember what I write, but not always. A friend said 'spewing' out words- and I laughed because sometimes that is exactly what happens. I have no idea what I am going to write, and then BAM! there the words are. Certainly not my brain that works like that (stop saying Amen!:)
Listen, watch, learn and wait. Wait for the moment that God has prepared in advance for us to share with another. Wait and learn, but always be prepared to be transparent because in the end all we have to really show the love we have inside, the love that Jesus has shown us, is our own stories- chapter after chapter of love, acceptance, past sins, current forgiveness, constant forgiveness- one ultimate act of LOVE.
Thank you Lord, for loving me enough to forgive, to repair and to heal.
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger