Thursday, February 19, 2009

Facebook

You know what is so funny is that God can even use facebook to further his children. Since starting on FB (thanks Barby and Amanda's and everyone who joined the same week) I have been able to catch up with high school friends. I have been able to say I am sorry to some dear friends, and they have been able to do the same. It has been a great tool for healing relationships. As much as we say it is an addiction, which- well- it has some good points, too. I think one of the things my crisis is teaching me is how to forgive, ask for forgiveness and to let go of some of the things I need to. And Beth Moore helped me to realize that remembering the past is part of what keeps us on our path now, and that remembering is ok- and remembering that some of it was really fun! One thing I have not been able to let go of is a relationship that really formed the foundation for the poor decisions I made later. But I have since been told that he has become a Christian. Now what do I do with that? I should have been able to forgive so long ago, but haven't, and now it seems so much easier because he has probably already looked at the way he treated people and has asked forgiveness. All of God's timing is perfect. Which means that this timing is perfect also. Waiting to see where it goes from here. Just so interesting.
So part of my journey involves learning to ask for and receive forgiveness. Nothing like having a lot of time to heal and get strong to flip thru the files of your life to figure out who you need to talk to.
God's timing is always perfect, no matter what the circumstance. It may be big or small. I think that we sometimes overlook the small things, don't see them as big learning experiences and we wait for the big learning journey. Perhaps if we leaned on him in the small things, remembered to pray about and rejoice in even those menial daily trials and successes....
So here's to facebook and all the different communities it brings together in my life. Awesome.
Here's to learning more and more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger