Monday, May 14, 2012

May 10 and 11

On Saturday, May 11th I received a gift from my bff in Columbus, more commonly known as My Beth.  She sent me a devotional titled Jesus Calling.  I am never really sure about devotionals for some reason.  But I opened it up to the 11th and I read it.

Just after I read it, another bff, commonly known as My Teri, called to tell me she had gotten the book as well from Beth.  She said she read the 10th and 11th and was amazed.  She went on to tell a whole story about the book, but I don't want to spoil her blogging...... And I am pretty sure another bff, commonly known as My Shelly, got a book too....

So of course I went back and read the 10th as well.  Very powerful stuff.

Then I checked my email and had gotten a forward- also something I rarely read- but I trust this person so I read it.  And I am not kidding when I tell you it was May 10th and 11th from the devotional Jesus Calling.  NOT KIDDING!

So what is so awesome about May 10th and 11th?
May 10

"Do not resist or run from the difficulties in your life.  These problems are not random mistakes; they are hand tailored blessings designed for your benefit and growth.  Embrace all the circumstances that I allow in your life, trusting Me to bring good out of them.  View problems as opportunities to rely more fully on Me.  When you start to feel stressed, let those feelings alert you to your need for Me.  Thus, your needs become doorways to deep dependance on Me and increasing intimacy between us.  Although self-sufficiency is acclaimed in the world, reliance on Me produces abundant living in My kingdom.  Thank me for the difficulties in your life, since they provide protection from the idolatry of self-reliance."

John 15:5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing."

2 Corinthians 1:8-9 ~ "...
We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, and we thought we would never live through it.  In fact, we expected to die. But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead."

Ephesians 5:20 ~ "...always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

**************
May 11

"Thank Me for your problems.  As soon as your mind gets snagged on a difficulty, bring it to Me with Thanksgiving. Then as Me to show you how to handle the situation.  The very act of thanking Me releases your mind from its negative focus.  As your turn your attention to Me, the problem fades in significance and and loses its power to trip you up.  Together we can deal with the situation, either facing it head-on or putting it aside for later consideration.  Most situations that entangle your mind are not today's concerns; you have borrowed them from tomorrow.  In this case, I lift the problem out of today and deposit it in the future, where it is veiled from your eyes.  In its place I give you My Peace, which flows freely from My Presence.

Philippians 4:6 ~ "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." 

John 14:27 ~ "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
I just don't think I need to say anymore.  After my recent posts and conversations and now devotionals, I am heading down the highway of Peace.  Somehow, someway it does seem ok.  And for today, I am good.  I had a productive day, albeit one that included the gathering of supplies for chemo.  I just THREW each chemo related item into the crate.  Kinda funny.  Oral rinse- wham; miralax- wham; tummy tea- wham; ginger root capsules- wham; comfy clothes- well no wham there.  I like comfy.....

If God is willing to give me Peace I think I should be willing to accept it.  Accepting gifts- not a specialty of mine.... But thankfully grace can cover even that.  And chemo is Thursday, not today, not tomorrow and not Wednesday.  It is in the future and I'm going to try, via prayer and constant giving of my trepidations back to God.  Cancer isn't my problem, it's just the route they take to surface....

Oh, so many more blogs to write.....


Vicki

7 comments:

  1. This makes me smile. I love to see how God works in people's lives. It is always such an encouragement to me. I know you would not have chosen this path, but you are accepting this path with righeousness, grace and strength! Love you friend and fellow Tia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was a like button, Tia...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And don't forget yesterday, May 13...
    "Thank Me in the midst of the crucible. When things seem all wrong, look for growth opportunities. Especially, look for areas where you need to let go, leaving your cares in My able hands. Do you trust Me to orchestrate your life events as I choose, or are you still trying to carry out your own intentions while I am leading you in another direction, you deify your desires. Be on the lookout for what I am doing in your life. Worship Me by living close to Me, thanking Me in all circumstances."

    Put your hands in the air, Girls, we are going on ride - a journey for all to cherish! Sure there are ups and downs and quick turns at every corner. Some expected, but mostly NOT. The best part is He has designed this ride just for us. We all trust the outcome so letting go of the "bar" is much easier. The wind and sun at our face, dear friends surrounding us, and our Father at the "controls."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Thank You to "My Beth." I love my book. I have a devotional book that I have had since Alexander was diagnosed in 2007. A New Day, A New You by Joyce Meyer. Every day for the past five years, Joyce helped me to get focused in the morning. Poor Joyce must be exhausted - she probably never saw me coming. Now it is time for Sarah Young to get a "work out."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faith moves mountains...and you've got it girl! You're a living testimony and inspiration to so many around you (including me.) We know this is not the road you would have chosen for yourself. None of us would have chosen this...but would have done all we could to run in the opposite direction kicking and screaming. The problem there is that you end up exhausted before the journey ever begins. Like anything else that's brought our way in this lifetime, discovering how God wants to grow us, reveal Himself to us, how He wants to use us and point others to Him is the real beauty in it all. Finding Him. That's where the Peace lies. Like Shelly mentioned, we all trust the outcome, it's about letting go of the bar and trusting the One with the controls. Praying daily, often hourly for you sweet friend...and I won't stop. Keep letting your heart celebrate His Peace. He's definitely got this! He's got you right there in the palm of His hand. Isaiah 41:13

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is good Vic. Recently I've been encouraged to "be strong and courageous" and today, "DO NOT be terrified" was added to that. I guess that's the rub, because terrified has been a good word to describe the place my heart has visited lately. However, as soon as I saw that word in print, the first thought that came to me was "but HE is my refuge"--which of course leads us back to Psalm 91. A significant Psalm. I love you, and wouldn't be anywhere else in the world right now, except by your side.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger