Sunday, July 17, 2011

Another Garder

I know that when I write it may not make a lot of sense to some of you. Most of what I write about stems from our sermon at church. Today is no different. I'll try to explain better....
Today we went over how the type of 'soil' our faith is built on affects our life. How do we understand Christ? By being encouraged in our hearts and believing the fundamentals of Gods character, and by being united in love. United as a church body, united as friends, willing to go thru each others crap in life.
Aron had a great story- well really a ton of great stories. But the groundhog seems to be the highlight for me. You see (my words here) we spend so much time getting ready to sow our seeds- tilling the garden, breaking up the larger pieces of dirt and throwing out the rocks, fertilizing, and planting in an orderly fashion. An orderly manner. That one talked to me. Order. When life throws rocks at us we don't see order, we see chaos and ruin and we worry. We forget about the order. Order is necessary to keep the garden growing strong, to keep the plants where they can root properly so they can bear fruit. When there is no order, the roots can't grip into the ground firmly so the plant isn't strong so it doesn't bear much fruit.
Well, then the groundhogs come around and actually eat the plants, causing even more disorder. Now Aron has some ways of taking care of groundhogs (and so do the Willey's including a bb gun) one of them being bonking them on the head with a shovel. Now he didn't do it- don't go hollering at him..... The point: groundhogs ruin our order and our garden and sometimes they uproot the plant. (thinking that fence isn't really going to stop them by the way). An uprooted plant needs a lot of care and compassion and encouragement and friends to help get the roots planted firmly back onto good soil.
I don't know why the pastors at my church keep talking about me on Sundays. Seriously. How do they know so much.
But today I left fully aware that what I am is that tree, in a drought, whose roots are growing down deeper to search for the living water so that it miraculously makes the tree stronger during the drought. I've done it before. That satan is trying to discourage my heart, making me hear the statistics and the normal route that my ovarian cancer takes. Making me listen to how it's just gonna be my new way of life, on and off chemo.... It's all plausible, possible, understandable. Go away groundhog. My roots are so much deeper than that. I just forgot for a minute or two. I know who Christ is. He is what I strive to be like. He helps me to be united with my friends in their time of need. He leads me to people who need me. He leads people to me who I need. He makes me stronger because he is my heart. He is my healer in whatever way he chooses to heal me.
I've been reading and saying and praying healing scripture that my lovely sister in law sent to me. I have been choosing to believe health and healing. Then getting that number last week of 48. I really believe that on tuesday when I go for that second and hopefully final round of chemo my number will already be in the normal range. I'm just believing.
I am taking my Jesus Juice cross with me again, and that chemo is going to be Jesus running thru my veins, healing me.
I know I'm planted on good soil- not on a path, not on rocky soil, not on thorny soil, but good soil, tilled and tended to by the great gardener, ordered by Christ. So what can that groundhog do? I officially bop him on his head with Jesus. He can't 'unorder' me any more.
Love you all so much. Thank you for praying. I hope we don't have to go on this journey again! But thank you for being the people united for me in love and encouragement, pointing me in the right direction.
Order: Jesus, family, friends, church, groundhogs. Cancer is my groundhog, not my roots. What's your groundhog?
Vicki and possibly some Polly....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger