Thursday, July 30, 2009

Double edged sword


On the one hand I am so glad to be able to not have cancer be what molds my life, on the other hand maybe it is supposed to- maybe I'm not letting it take over enough.
On the one hand I am so glad that it seems I am getting the study drug, on the other hand I want to complain about the side effects.
On the one hand I am so glad Abbi and Austin are back from camp, on the other hand- well man it was quiet.
On the one hand money is the root of all evil, on the other hand it gives opportunity for so many fun things to do.
On the one hand going on a make a wish trip sounds so great, on the other hand how can I even give it a thought when there are so many sick kids- I'm not sick.
On the one hand the gardens are beautiful, on the other hand they take so much work I am not sure they are worth it.
On the one hand I am eating better, on the other hand I'm not.
On the one hand I feel like I used to feel before cancer, on the other hand there is no more before.
On the one hand I really love how easy my hair is, on the other hand my curly hair was really easy, too.
On the one hand I want to continue to be strong and accepting of all the new things cancer has forced on me, on the other hand I want to swear and scream.
On the one hand I am so proud and excited for my friends who are doing the triathalon, on the other hand I feel incompetent- although I cannot run.
On the one hand I really want to go to Lifetime, on the other hand I just don't have time.
On the one hand I love babysitting, on the other hand- well I still love babysitting.
On the one hand I really love God, on the other hand I just cannot understand the pain and suffering of sick children.
On the one hand I loved being a teacher, on the other hand I love staying home.
On the one hand marriage is really great, on the other hand it is only great because of really hard work.
On the one hand I am healthy, on the other hand I never will be again.
On the one hand I am really happy and full of life and energy, on the other hand fear creeps in and robs my joy.
On the one hand I hate garage sales, on the other hand I love a garage you can put a car into.
On the one hand I love making new friendships and watching them grow, on the other hand good bye is just to hard.
On the one hand I love to laugh, on the other I think I'm getting too sassy and brash.
On the one hand family is sweet, on the other hand family is complicated.
On the one hand I didn't do anything wrong, on the other hand someone thinks I did.
On the one hand I love writing, on the other hand it feels imposed.
On the one hand I want to publish this, on the other hand it feels egotistical.
On the one hand I want to tell my God story, on the other hand I don't understand how anyone who didn't know me or go thru this with me could understand what these posts mean.
On the one hand there is always another....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger