Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Surrender

Here I am down on my knees again surrendering all, surrendering all
And find me here Lord as you draw me near I'm desperate for you, I'm desperate for you 

I surrender
Drench my soul as mercy and grace unfold, I hunger and thirst, I hunger and thirst
With arms stretched wide I know you hear my cry
speak to me now, speak to me now 

I surrender, I surrender, I want to know you more, I want to know you more
I surrender, I surrender, I want to know you more, I want to know you more

Like a rushing wind Jesus breathe within, Lord have you way, Lord have your way in me
Like a mighty storm stir within my soul, Lord have your way, Lord have your way in me 

Like a rushing wind Jesus breathe within, Lord have you way, Lord have your way in me Like a mighty storm stir within my soul, Lord have your way, Lord have your way in me

Like a rushing wind Jesus breathe within, Lord have you way, Lord have your way in me
Like a mighty storm stir within my soul, Lord have your way, Lord have your way in me
Lord have your way in me....
I surrender,
I surrender,
I want to know you more, I want to know you more
I surrender, I surrender 


I want to know you more I want to know you more
This song is a Hillsong Hit of course.  Nothing like a good Hillsong album to kick you in the butt.  The song moved me deeply on Sunday when we sang it.  I had to sit, tears coming down.  I wish I could say to you that it was because I was having a good moment, but I was wrestling with almost every word, wondering how, why Jesus isn't rushing in anymore, wondering where my soul is.  Where did I go?

I am just going to say this once- if you do not want to know about my journey, stop reading.  If you don't want transparency, stop reading.  If you're going to call my nurse saying I'm suicidal, stop reading because that will be the one time you see me angry!  I will reiterate that this is a journey.  I do not expect to be here for a long time, this place of ugly.  I am now tho.  I am already taking steps I think I need to help myself.  This is a no judgement, no pity, no transference of yourself, safe place for me to express, because earlier you said I could.....  And earlier God said I must.....

This past round of chemo was more that horrible.  I have a horrible attitude about my cancer right now. I am struggling so much with the new definition of it being a chronic disease/illness.  I like it in the sense that it makes it sound manageable, but manageable for this is chemo every time my number goes up.  It's not a shot of insulin or a pill or even a short hospital stay.  It's chemo.  Chemo is my management system.  Yeah, that's how I feel too.  That's sinking in.  As it sinks it is literally taking my spirit, my heart, my hope with it.  Chemo is stealing me away, treatment by treatment.  It doesn't seem to matter at this moment that all my blood work shows my organs and systems are just perfectly a typical 47 year old.  I just don't believe that.  My face, my eyes, my weight- all say sick old lady.  I am pissed.

This past round of chemo kept me from smiling for days, kept me crying for many moments in a day, kept me depressed, kept me weak, kept me irritated, kept me alone for far too long.  This round pushed me into depression.  Yes I will be seeing someone.  Now here's where you should stop reading.....

When I listened to "I surrender" on Sunday, (can't sing since I have hardly a voice) I was asking myself what the difference was between surrender and giving up. I give up.



Here I am, constantly for 5 years, trying so hard to let you take care of me
I once felt near, you touched me once, I felt like I knew you but now I'm not sure
I know you enabled some healing once, but then it was gone.
 
That is why I am struggling to know who you are
I don't feel your rushing wind, breathe on me.  I don't even know how to ask for it.
 
The storm is never your presence, it's always illness, it's always when I feel my best.
I do want you to have your way in me, literally in me.  My heart, my cancer, my healing.
It doesn't come.  Where is it.  What is surrender?  I've done this for my life, way more often these last 5 years because of the cancer.
Lord please have your way in me, but I give up.  I'm tired.  I'm overly poisoned.  My spirit is broken and I don't really know if you can help me.
I give up.  I give up. 
Those were my thoughts.  The tears came because those were my thoughts and those thoughts and feelings are just so messed up.

At this moment I have Hillsong blaring into my headphones.  Obviously music speaks to me very loudly and clearly.  I is how I get closer to God.  I'm sorry it isn't my Bible right now, but it isn't.  It's music and conversation.

I know you have no idea what to say to me, but don't ever let that keep you from talking to me.  There is nothing anyone can say.  Just be you, and I'll just be me, deal?

I don't know what is next for me.  Blood work as usual, although I am seriously considering not doing the CA125.  The stress of it..... I just want to gain some strength and then go be who I am, doing what I am supposed to do.  I can't even tell you how frustrating it is to loose your breathe walking up the stairs, missing the Grand Opening Sunday of the church where I love deeply and friends worked so hard to make it a dream come true, missing Harvest of Talents, Austin's race, and my nieces baby shower.  That's just this past weekend.....

So, here I am, stuck someplace I don't recognize, trying to see the footprints I know are there for me.  Must be the wind keeps covering them up with the leaves from the trees.

Pray as God moves in you.  Don't even tell me because my eyes roll back in my head.  Yeah, I'm a mess.  One thing to not worry about is that I believe in God, and I'm glad I've got as much learning under my belt as I do because I also know a lot about Jesus and His truth.  I also know it's ok for me to be here, struggling with him.  I know that, it's biblical.  And in the end he'll win for sure.  

Who reads this anyway?

Vicki

14 comments:

  1. I read it too. Thanks for being real Vicki. I love u♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it and so does Scott. We love you, Vicki, so much. You are right that it is ok to feel the way that you do because Jesus understands our feelings, no matter what they are. That's why he came here, to understand....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki- I never stop praying for you...for that ultimate and permanent healing, for Him to renew His steadfast spirit within you, for strength and unwavering hope. I don't know what it's like to go through what you are going through. But I do believe every Word of God. And His Word says He will never leave you or forsake you. You may not always feel His presence, but it is there. And His Word says His grace IS and WILL BE sufficient for you. It's not just sufficient enough to carry us through our day to day "normal" lives, it is sufficient enough to carry us through pain and struggle. Much like the Israelites in the desert gathering their daily manna...no matter how much or how little they seemed to gather, it was enough to get them through one day at a time.

    Moses said to them, “It is the bread the Lord has given you to eat. 16 This is what the Lord has commanded: ‘Everyone is to gather as much as they need. Take an omer[a] for each person you have in your tent.’”

    17 The Israelites did as they were told; some gathered much, some little. 18 And when they measured it by the omer, the one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little. Everyone had gathered just as much as they needed.

    Such is His grace. It may or may not rush in...but it is there for your gathering daily. There may be days you feel like you can hardly drag yourself out of bed to gather, but it will still be enough. He is more than enough. I am believing this for you, praying it for you. Go gather, my friend.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9nwe9_xzw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki, I appreciate your honesty in this post and I believe that it's okay to tell God what you're really feeling. I'm not one for platitudes so I'll stand with you in agreement - this sucks. In fact, I think the Psalms are filled with David saying just that, God I'm doing everything I can, but this sucks. Okay, I'm paraphrasing. Still, it's okay to vent. It's okay to get angry. Let it drive to Christ, the cross, and to the new life he offers in the resurrection. In the meantime, yeah, a lot of this just sucks, but there is a light at the end of the journey - and that light is Jesus. :)
    -Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read. Didn't want to but I did. I do know how you feel. Yes, I'm one of those who is sick as well. Lupus. I'm in a middle place right now (you know, not really well but not hospital-sick for the moment). I normally wouldn't mention this because I hate when someone says to me, "Oh, meeeee toooooo." But you said it was okay to be me and you would be you. I know that I am ill for a purpose and that purpose must always point to Christ. That's my struggle. How? Where? The disease didn't exactly come with a 'Christian Manual'. I ask the Lord, "How is it possible to focus on glorifying YOU when all there is is illness?" I understand your feelings, Vicki. And what Cliff said is true, it does suck, and that's okay. I won't give you advice because I believe God purposes these things individually. What he puts on your heart may not be what's on my heart. I just want to say that I will pray that the Holy Spirit that dwells in you will fill you up with the strength and power you need to complete the race ... and to complete it fruitfully. God bless you abundantly, Vicki. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, an honor to be read by someone I do not know, and understood because of common feelings and a common Jesus. I"m sorry for all the pain I know you are in constantly. Your 'oh meeee toooo' made me laugh because there are so many, well odd things said. I often get the oh yeah, (insert story), and they died. It's humbling to know you will pray for me. I will pray for you too. Thank you Rose.

      Delete
  8. Oh honey. Never feel bad about honesty. You are human, and a very exceptional human, I will add. Your feelings, your posts, your heartfelt honesty helps us all to discover how amazing you are. Yes, you have been though far too much. Whoever said "God only gives us what we can handle" never, ever, fully could possibly understand such a statement. I will say that over and over again. I believe instead that God gives us ... I can't even put it into words. He never leaves our side and can even opt to call us home to be closer to His side. I believe he uses us to better create the fabric of his creation. Your 'threads' are crucial elements of my life. And of others' lives. Without your threads I know I wouldn't be where I am today, who I am today, or who I may even be tomorrow. I honor and respect how much you love your Lord regardless of the way He needs to use you throughout so much pain. I understand your heartache and wish so much that I could take it away. I love you, Dear Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do ... no words. Just love. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO ALWAYS love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read this Vicki...love you, love honest you...you, as you are, where you are...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read and although you don't feel it, see it, or wanna be it.... I think you are awesome! It's okay to be pissed girlfriend you do what you gotta do... just know that I am lifting you up in prayer daily even on those days when you wanna quit ... I am fighting for you with prayers of peace and healing. Cancer sucks.... no way to get around it.... just sucks...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you Vicki! I am here ....I read....I pray....He hears us! ....he sees you! He loves you....I AM HE IS....Here. Much love my friend!
    Mary Christian

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger