Friday, October 11, 2013

Chemo Number 3

I had actually started off Wednesday my dedicating my chemo day to baby Sawyer. Each time I had a pity part I focused on Sawyer and his family. Although I don't know their pain on a personal level, I know that what they are having to endure is no comparison to my troubles. And to find out today that he did pass away and is happy in the arms of Jesus and family members who were just waiting, brings a bit of hope. I am still going to blog about my chemo day, but I ask that you are on you knees for the Caullay/Parkison family whenever you pray for me, too.

Wednesday hopes to be that last of this chapter of chemo. With my CA125 at 40 it just has to know it down to under 35. Man how I'd love to see a teen number. Tim came with me and we pretty much watched TV all day. Until about 3:00, when the inside of my ears started itching, you know the sinus infection itch where you want the knitting needle so you can get to the place where it actually itches. But then the palms of my hands started to itch. You may not remember that I had such a reaction on a different chemo drug- which was way worse that this- so I immediately got a nurses attention and showed her all the places I was itching. I knew doing that would end the chemo. But I also knew not doing that could end a bit more. So they stopped the chemo, and I started bawling. And I am not sure many of you will understand this word and I am not going to define it, but I thought with the allergic reaction that I was becoming resistant. Hence the tears. Well, the doctor came in and between them all decided that my steroid/benedryl/anti emetic/ whatever they put in the pre meds had worn off too soon. So they redid them, checked my vitals and I was good to get the rest of the chemo. We were there from 8-6 on Wednesday. What a day.
We met a new couple. The husband has small cell lung....and from what he implied may not have much time. We all talked a bit. His wife works and she doesn't really have any help, so I looked up the cleaning company that cleans for free for chemo families and she was so thankful. I hate hearing people don't have help. Makes me so much more thankful for all of you.

So it is day 2 after chemo and I am feeling too good, so I am going to utilize it by finishing a scanning job I have. Then we'll see what happens latter today.... I know that fact that I had another round of chemo was a surprise for you. Sorry about that. I was in some serious emotional turmoil and mad. I'm still mad, but that's my life. I still have a lot of questions about what it means to have Ovarian Cancer as a chronic illness. But I'm not ready to look it all up yet. Next week is Avastin and I'll start back up on the High C (we've nick named it).

So for now pray for low numbers, the miracle. And pray for Caullay's and Parkisons!

Love to you all.

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger